That over 70% of Kenya’s population is below the age of 30 is a statistic that most of us are familiar with. But this should not just pass as a mere statistic, it should come as a wakeup call to those determined to secure the future of Kenya. Many, referring to the statistic, have termed it a ‘disaster in waiting’, but at FEP we choose to look at it differently. We see great potential and energy that awaits to be tapped and channeled for the productive use. We see a robust workforce whose productivity can drive economic growth to new levels. We see potential for creating wealth that is generational in nature.
FEP Youth Program Objectives
The FEP Youth Department, an entity of FEP Society, has undertaken to create programs for the youth in Kenya and beyond designed to achieve the following objectives;
- Strengthen youth programming, participation and partnership in support of FEP youth development objectives.
- Mainstream and integrate youth issues and engage youth across FEP initiatives and operations
- Support: Meeting basic youth development needs and valuing their contributions.
- Protect: Preventing and responding to violence, exploitation, abuse and neglect and ensuring young people are safe and empowered.
- Prepare: Building youth competencies and skills to become informed, healthy and productive citizens.
- Engage: Creating channels for dialogue and participation that enable youth to contribute to their own and their community’s development
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER